Building Umbraco with Benjamin Howarth
Carl and Richard talk to Benjamin Howarth about his experiences working with Umbraco. Umbraco is a CMS system built in ASP.NET. Benjamin discusses how Umbraco has become a key part of his work with Universal Music - and how its affected the entire development practice. After a digression into DevOps, the conversation comes back around to what you need to know to be successful with Umbraco - where it can save you time, where you need to write code, and why you'd want to. This is open source the way it should be!
Benjamin Howarth is a freelance consultant & web developer, specialising in the .NET open source arena building awesome projects and websites, and hopefully making other developer's lives easier along the way. As well as blogging about all things .NET and open-source, he loves travelling, running, politics and promoting mental health & related charitable causes.
- Ambient Animated Background in WPF http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1350733/wpf-animated-background-control
- Ben's Blog http://www.benjaminhowarth.com/blog
- Umbraco http://umbraco.com/
- Web Platform Installer http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx
- The Joel Test http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000043.html
- uCodeIt https://github.com/codegecko/ucodeit
- Twitterizer https://github.com/Twitterizer/Twitterizer