Applied ScriptCS with Block, Rusbatch and Ralph
While at NDC in London, Carl and Richard talk to Glenn Block, Justin Rusbatch and Adam Ralph about ScriptCS. Our first show with Glenn on ScriptCS was way back in March 2013, only a week after ScriptCS was first checked into GitHub. Nine months later, where is ScriptCS now? What are people doing with it? Justin talks about his contributions while Adam digs into how he's using ScriptCS in the field. ScriptCS represents some of the awesome potential of Roslyn!
Glenn Block is a seasoned leader with 20 years+ experience in software engineering and product management. He currently works at Microsoft on the Core Ecosystem Team where his team is responsible for Microsoft Graph and several services in M365. In the past Glenn has been a big supporter of the developer and open source community and was an early adopter of Open Source at Microsoft. He is passionate about moving the ball forward for creating a more inclusive and safe environment in tech. He invests a large amount of his energy in mentoring and advising in particular for black women / folks from marginalized groups, and is actively working to change the status quo. He is a lifelong learner and is currently pursuing his Exec MBA at Seattle University. Glenn lives with his wife and 16 year old daughter in Seattle.
Justin Rusbatch is an open source developer with a passion for simplicity. He is the creator of compilify.net and a core coordinator for the scriptcs project. An aspiring beer aficionado with a caffeine addiction, Justin can often be found drinking a fresh cup of coffee or acquainting himself with a new beer. You can follow him on Twitter.
Adam Ralph is a line of business .NET developer by day, and a .NET open source advocate by night. He looks after FakeItEasy, an open source mocking framework. Adam also runs a few projects using ScriptCS.
- Kinect v2 First Look http://www.imaginativeuniversal.com/blog/post/2013/11/26/Kinect-for-Windows-v2-First-Look.aspx
- GesturePak http://www.franklins.net/gesturepak.aspx
- Sublime Text http://www.sublimetext.com/
- ScriptCS http://scriptcs.net/
- Adam's Blog http://adamralph.com/
- ScriptCS Nancy on GitHub https://github.com/adamralph/scriptcs-nancy/
- Mono CSharp Compiler http://www.mono-project.com/CSharp_Compiler
- Kinect for Windows v2 team blog post http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2013/11/22/thousands-of-developers-are-taking-part-in-kinect-for-windows-v2-developer-preview.aspx