Michele Bustamante Starts Up a Startup
Carl and Richard talk to Michele Leroux Bustamante about her experiences creating startup companies. Michele talks about getting started with a new company, deciding whether or not to take external funding from investors or just bootstrapping the company yourself, and how cloud technologies like Azure and programs like BizSpark have lowered the cost of infrastructure so that the main expense of a startup is wages. The conversation also digs into all the important things that developers don't know about being successful with a startup - it's not just about software! And don't forget about the dirty jokes at the end of the show!
Michèle Leroux Bustamante
Michele Leroux Bustamante is a founder and CIO of Solliance (solliance.net), founder of Policy Server, a Microsoft Regional Director and Microsoft Azure MVP. Michele has years of experience in many fields including software architecture and design, identity and access management, cloud computing technologies, security and compliance, and DevOps.
- Azure WebState on CodeProject http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/584392/Azure-WebState
- Thiel Fellowship http://www.thielfellowship.org/
- Michele's Snapboard on Azure http://snapboard.com/michelebusta
- Michele's Blog http://www.michelelerouxbustamante.com/
- Mark Suster's Blog http://www.bothsidesofthetable.com/
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing http://www.amazon.com/22-Immutable-Laws-Marketing-Violate/dp/0887306667
- TechStars http://www.techstars.com/
- Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/
- Indiegogo http://www.indiegogo.com/
- Fake Grimlock http://fakegrimlock.com/