Jim Holmes Tests Everything
Carl and Richard start off 2012 remaking a show that was lost at DevConnections, talking to Jim Holmes about testing. After a quick detour to chat about the amazing CodeMash conference that Jim helps run, the conversation dives into why you want to automate your web testing. Jim talks about free tools and pay tools, including Selenium, WatiN and Telerik's Test Automation Studio. Jim mentions a ton of great tools and resources, check out the links!
Jim is the VP for ALM and Testing at Falafel Software. He has been in various corners of the IT world since joining the US Air Force in 1982. He’s spent time in LAN/WAN and server management roles in addition to many years helping teams and customers deliver great systems. Jim has worked with organizations ranging from start ups to Fortune 100 companies to improve their delivery processes and ship better value to their customers. Jim’s been in many different environments but greatly prefers those adopting practices from Lean and Agile communities. When not at work you might find Jim in the kitchen with a glass of wine, playing Xbox, hiking with his family, or banished to the garage while trying to practice his guitar.
- Jim's Blog http://frazzleddad.blogspot.com/
- Selenium http://seleniumhq.org/
- WatiN http://watin.org/
- Roy Osherove's Art of Unit Testing http://artofunittesting.com/
- 31 Days of Testing http://frazzleddad.blogspot.com/search/label/%2331DaysOfTesting
- Telerik's Automated Testing Tools http://www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools.aspx
- Cucumber http://cukes.info/
- mSpec https://github.com/machine/machine.specifications