David Neilsen Develops for the Cloud
Carl and Richard talk to David Neilsen about doing cloud development. David digs into the various flavors of cloud, defining the differences between Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Software-as-a-Service. David is one of the original organizers of CloudCamp, free one day events to help people get started with the cloud. The conversation then digs into the challenge of migrating existing .NET applications to Azure. David finishes by defining the core criteria of cloud computing: On-Demand, Self-Service, Scalable, Measurable. The acronym is OSSM, pronounced 'awesome.'
Dave Nielsen is a Web Services industry professional with over 6 years of experience guiding high profile developer programs for companies such as PayPal, Strikeiron and many others. As a seasoned developer, entreprenuer, technical evangelist and director of partner programs, Dave's experience gives him the experience and credibility to help guide your product strategy and develop a developer marketing plan to help you succeed.
Dave is the founder of CloudCamp and author of the book PayPal Hacks. Dave holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business (Marketing) from Cal Poly State University: San Luis Obispo (aka Cal Poly: SLO).
- Platform D http://platformd.com
- PayPal IPN https://www.paypal.com/ipn
- CloudCamp http://cloudcamp.org/
- SalesForce Force.com http://www.salesforce.com/platform/
- DotNetNuke on Azure http://dotnetnukecommunitytest.cloudapp.net/
- Microsoft All-in-One Code Framework http://1code.codeplex.com
- Whalie Awards Rock New London http://www.theday.com/article/20110529/NWS01/305299897
- Franklin Brothers - New London Blues http://libra.franklins.net/FranklinBrosNewLondonBlues.mp3