James Kovacs Inverts our Control!
James Kovacs talks about the Castle Windsor project, and gives the clearest definitions of Inversion of Control (IOC) containers, Dependency Injection, and the reasons why we need to think about these techniques. Critical listening for all .NET developers.
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away James was a frequent guest on .NET Rocks. He spoke at conferences, wrote magazine articles, and had an active Twitter account. Then a career change landed him at MongoDB where he has spent the last 5 years in self-inflicted obscurity. During that time, he has worked on the Technical Support Team assisting customers with the core database product and more recently on the Drivers Team building the language-idiomatic drivers that allow developers to connect to MongoDB. His current focus is implementing new features in the MongoDB .NET/C# driver, which is used by millions of developers worldwide.
- Supporting OSS - The Great NHibernate/Castle Giveaway (zuw) http://www.jameskovacs.com/blog/TheGreatNHibernateCastleGiveaway.aspx
- ALT.NET Canada Open Spaces - Registration is open (zuo) http://altnetconfcanada.com/home/index.castle
- Becoming a Jedi screencast series (zuv) http://www.jameskovacs.com/blog/BecomingAJediPart3OfN.aspx
- psake - A build automation tool (zur) http://www.jameskovacs.com/blog/IntroducingPsake.aspx
- The Ultimate Developer Rig: Kovacs Edition (zv4) http://www.jameskovacs.com/blog/UltimateDeveloperRigKovacsEdition.aspx