Clean Architecture in 2023 with Steven Smith
How is clean architecture evolving? Carl and Richard talk to Steve Smith about his efforts to build applications using clean architecture principles. The conversation starts with a comment from a listener about idealism around architecture - and a reminder that while there isn't one right way to do anything, using existing work, like clean architecture templates, makes it easier to do the right thing. Steve talks about the various elements that go into clean architectures and how they are often where you end up in development whether you start with a template or not - and how much of a pain it is to course-correct as the project gets larger. Sustainable software needs architecture, and clean architecture is one approach that works - check it out!
Steve Smith (@ardalis) is an entrepreneur and software developer with a passion for building quality software as effectively as possible. He provides mentoring and training workshops for teams with the desire to improve. Steve has been recognized as a Microsoft MVP for over 10 consecutive years and is a frequent speaker at software developer conferences and events. He enjoys helping others write maintainable, testable applications using Microsoft's developer tools. Connect with Steve at ardalis.com.
- Chrome for iOS doesn't support PWAs https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/9658361?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=1
- CleanArchitecture Template on GitHub https://github.com/ardalis/CleanArchitecture
- Resharper https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/
- Specifications Pattern https://www.martinfowler.com/apsupp/spec.pdf
- Dapper https://github.com/DapperLib/Dapper
- Hosting your own NuGet Feeds https://learn.microsoft.com/nuget/hosting-packages/overview?WT.mc_id=DT-MVP-10953
- NimblePros https://nimblepros.com/