Alice and Bob Learn App Security with Tanya Janca
How do we learn about application security? Carl and Richard talk to Tanya Janca about her book 'Alice and Bob Learn Application Security.' Tanya talks about bringing positive conversations around security, enabling people to get work done while being secure. Software developers are now targets for the black hats because they often have super-user accounts and aren't following security practices as closely as others. Building secure software means developing it in a secure context - it takes practice, but is the best way to succeed in making secure software!
Tanya Janca, also known as SheHacksPurple, is the best-selling author of ‘Alice and Bob Learn Application Security’. She is also the founder of We Hack Purple, an online learning community that revolves around teaching everyone to create secure software. Tanya has been coding and working in IT for over twenty-five years, won countless awards, and has been everywhere from public service to tech giants, writing software, leading communities, founding companies, and ‘securing all the things’. She is an award-winning public speaker, active blogger & streamer and has delivered hundreds of talks on 6 continents. She values diversity, inclusion, and kindness, which shines through in her countless initiatives.
- OpenAI Cookbook https://github.com/openai/openai-cookbook
- Ten Dangerous Things ChatGPT is Capable Of https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/technology/openais-new-chatgpt-bot-10-dangerous-things-its-capable-of/
- Threat Modeling https://owasp.org/www-community/Threat_Modeling
- Security This Week episode 70 https://securitythisweek.com/details/70
- Alice and Bob Learn Application Security https://shehackspurple.ca/books/
- Anti-CSRF Tokens https://learn.microsoft.com/aspnet/web-api/overview/security/preventing-cross-site-request-forgery-csrf-attacks
- We Hack Purple https://wehackpurple.com/