Smarter Testing using Verify with Simon Cropp
Episode #1737 Thursday, April 29, 2021
How do you do smarter testing? Carl and Richard talk to Simon Cropp about Verify, Simon's open source project to add snapshot testing capabilities to many of your favorite testing stacks. Simon talks about how snapshots can help you look at the output of code, rather than the code itself, to test its validity. And as code changes, the new snapshots reflect those changes - no need to rewrite the tests!
Software Developer and part-time hacker I contribute heavily to many and varied open source projects. I believe in the open-source ethos of "Paying it forward".
- DevIntersection https://devintersection.com/
- GrpcGenerator https://github.com/carlfranklin/GrpcGenerator
- protobuf-net.grpc https://github.com/protobuf-net/protobuf-net.Grpc
- Verify https://github.com/VerifyTests/Verify
- json.net https://www.newtonsoft.com/json
- Selenium https://www.selenium.dev/
- Playwright https://playwright.dev/
- DiffEngineTray https://github.com/VerifyTests/DiffEngine/blob/master/docs/tray.md