Migrating WCF and More to .NET 5 with Mark Rendle
Do you have apps that need to move to .NET 5? Carl and Richard talk to Mark Rendle about his work on Visual Recode, which started out as a migration tool for WCF to gRPC, but has evolved to deal with the migration to .NET 5 challenges. Mark talks about how older WCF apps can often move to gRPC pretty easily, but moving the app has other problems, like out-of-date libraries, build practices, tests, and so on. There's also the possibility of migrating WebAPI and even WebForms apps - lots of possibilities!
Mark Rendle is 30 years old in hexadecimal and has been coding professionally for three-quarters of his life. His current mission is to get the world off of .NET 4 point whatever and onto .NET 5.0. In his spare time, he's started making games with Unity and has just released his first project on iOS and Android. Mark's hobbies include genetically modifying otters and decoding the hidden prophecies in the digits of pi.
- Unraid https://unraid.net/
- Wasabi https://wasabi.com/
- Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/
- Visual Recode https://visualrecode.com/
- .NET MAUI https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/introducing-net-multi-platform-app-ui/
- BlazorWebFormsComponents on GitHub https://github.com/FritzAndFriends/BlazorWebFormsComponents
- Core WCF https://github.com/CoreWCF
- Cocoon on GitHub https://github.com/VisualReCode/Cocoon
- Mark's Twitch Channel https://www.twitch.tv/markrendle