Q# and Quantum Computing with Johnny Hooyberghs
Are we actually making progress on quantum computing? While at .NET Developer Days in Warsaw, Carl and Richard talked to Johnny Hooyberghs about quantum computing and Microsoft's Q# language. The discussion begins with some definitions around quantum computing including qubits, superposition, and entanglement. Google's announcement on quantum supremacy is debated, as is the idea that quantum computers could ever be general-purpose computing devices. Back in the 1950s, we didn't think computers would be in homes, so who knows what comes next!
Johnny Hooyberghs is a passionate .NET Architect, Developer and Trainer since 2008 and teaches programming in .NET and C# for a higher education institute for adults since 2010. He has been passionate about .NET ever since it was released. His areas of expertise are C#, WCF, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Azure and ALM using the Microsoft Stack. In his free time he likes traveling, visiting theme parks all over the whole world and is always searching for the next technological challenge.
- Google's Quantum Supremacy https://ai.googleblog.com/2019/10/quantum-supremacy-using-programmable.html
- Quantum Computing for Computer Scientists https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Computing-Computer-Scientists-Yanofsky/dp/0521879965
- Bloch Sphere http://akyrillidis.github.io/notes/quant_post_7
- Quantum Computing at Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/quantum/default.aspx
- Quantum Random Number Generator https://www.idquantique.com/shop/online-shop/