Visual Studio 2019 Productivity with Kendra Havens
How can you be more productive with Visual Studio? Carl and Richard talk to Kendra Havens about all the built-in productivity gadgets in Studio - plus the ones you can build yourself! Kendra talks about putting those red and green squiggles, lightbulbs and screwdrivers to work communicating with developers about standards of development within your organization using Roslyn Analyzers, as well as taking advantage of the huge number of productivity features including regex completion, type recognition and many more!
Kendra Havens is a program manager at Microsoft on the .NET and Visual Studio team. Her focus is .NET tooling and the testing experience in Visual Studio. You may recognize her from videos on .NET Core, VS Code, and Docker. In addition to an unruly enthusiasm for technology, Kendra loves reading and camping.
- Azure Sphere https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-to-deliver-azure-sphere-a-linux-based-chip-and-cloud-security-service-in-february-2020/
- Visual Studio https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/
- ReSharper https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/
- CodeRush https://www.devexpress.com/products/coderush/
- Getting started with Roslyn Analyzers https://docs.microsoft.com/visualstudio/extensibility/getting-started-with-roslyn-analyzers?view=vs-2019
- Roslyn Analyzers on GitHub https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn-analyzers
- XUnit https://github.com/xunit/xunit
- FxCop Analyzers https://docs.microsoft.com/visualstudio/code-quality/install-fxcop-analyzers?view=vs-2019
- RegEx Completion https://docs.microsoft.com/visualstudio/ide/reference/regex-completion-through-intellisense?view=vs-2019
- IntelliSense completion for unimported types https://docs.microsoft.com/visualstudio/ide/reference/intellisense-completion-unimported-types?view=vs-2019
- VS Productivity Features https://github.com/kendrahavens/ProductivityFeatures
- Developer Community for Visual Studio https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/