Migrating to Containers using Istio and Kubernetes with Rob Richardson
Ready to move your applications into containers? Carl and Richard chat with Rob Richardson about his work migrating existing applications running in virtual machines over to containers using Kubernetes as the orchestration engine and Istio as the traffic manager. Why add Istio to the mix? It makes it easier to have a mixture of containers, services running in VMs and more. The conversation digs into the expanding tribe of services that work in containers together to give you great options for analytics, security and more.
Rob Richardson is a software craftsman building web properties in ASP.NET and Node, React, and Vue. He’s a Microsoft MVP, published author, a frequent speaker at conferences, user groups, and community events, and a diligent teacher and student of high-quality software development. You can find this and other talks on https://robrich.org/presentations and follow him on Twitter at @rob_rich.
- VS Code can do that?!? https://www.vscodecandothat.com/
- Rob's Blog https://robrich.org/
- Istio https://istio.io/
- Envoy Proxy https://www.envoyproxy.io/
- Kubernetes https://kubernetes.io/
- Helm https://helm.sh/
- Grafana https://grafana.com/
- Let's Encrypt https://letsencrypt.org/
- Polly https://github.com/App-vNext/Polly
- Knative https://knative.dev/