Surviving Microservices with Michele Bustamante
Michele is back and surviving microservices! Carl and Richard talk to Michele Bustamante about her work with microservices and the challenges that her customers have. Starting with the normal problems innate to any re-architecting exercise - what is the benefit to the customer? You can't make microservices because they're fun, they have to solve a particular problem - and typically it's the problem of over-coupling within a group of services. Update one and you derail the others. Picking what service to separate is a challenge - and how do you do it! Great conversation about containers, DevOps and management strategies!
Michèle Leroux Bustamante
Michele Leroux Bustamante is a founder and CIO of Solliance (solliance.net), founder of Policy Server, a Microsoft Regional Director and Microsoft Azure MVP. Michele has years of experience in many fields including software architecture and design, identity and access management, cloud computing technologies, security and compliance, and DevOps.
- Azure Data Architecture Guide https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/architecture/data-guide/
- Apache JMeter http://jmeter.apache.org/
- Loader.io https://loader.io/
- Azure Cloud Load Testing https://www.visualstudio.com/team-services/cloud-load-testing/
- Kubernetes on Azure https://azure.microsoft.com/services/container-service/kubernetes/
- Docker Swarm https://docs.docker.com/engine/swarm/
- Docker Enterprise https://www.docker.com/enterprise-edition
- DC/OS https://dcos.io/
- Azure App Insights https://azure.microsoft.com/services/application-insights/
- GoLang https://golang.org/
- PolicyServer https://solliance.net/products/policyserver
- Michele's Microservices Workshop https://github.com/michelebusta/MicroserviceWorkshops