Building Progressive Web Apps with Chris Love
Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) are here, and Chris Love has some thoughts! Carl and Richard talk to Chris about his view on PWAs and their impact on building great web applications. Chris talks about the power of service workers to increase the performance of a web application through pre-loading of caching, tolerating unreliable connections, even cool event features that allow web apps to light up when they are needed, especially in a mobile scenario. Graceful degradation of features means that you build to the ideal browser, but tolerate versions that don't have comprehensive support for all PWA features. And check out Chris' offer for a PWA Course, special to .NET Rocks listeners!
Chris Love is a front-end developer for people and companies who are lost in the sea of modern web and user experience standards. He has a quarter century of web development experience, and has built a wide variety of web sites and applications in those years. In recent years, he immersed himself in responsive web design, single-page web applications and web performance optimization.
He applies these interests to run a small web consulting company, Love2Dev, that focuses on user-first web applications that operate on all device classes and usage contexts. Love2Dev offers web development and analysis to help companies engage end users and operate more efficiently.
Chris authored 3 web development books including, High Performance Single Page Web Applications, http://amzn.to/1b0twcm. He is a Microsoft MVP, ASP Insider and Edge User Agent. Chris regularly speaks at user groups, code camps and developer conferences. He blogs at http://love2dev.com
- Serverless Framework https://serverless.com/framework/
- Progressive Web Apps from Google https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps/
- Progressive Web Apps from Microsoft https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/tag/progressive-web-apps/
- Progressive Web Apps from Mozilla https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Apps/Progressive
- PWA Rocks https://pwa.rocks/
- Steve Sounders High Performance Web Sites http://stevesouders.com/hpws/
- PWA Builder http://www.pwabuilder.com/generator
- Chris' Blog https://love2dev.com/blog/
- Chris' PWA Course Discount https://love2dev.com/dnrpwa