F# for C# Developers with Scott Wlaschin
Ready to try on F#? While at NDC Oslo, Carl and Richard chatted with Scott Wlaschin about what C# developers need to know to get started with F#. Scott talks a bit about his own history with development which ties in with the evolution of functional programming which in a way lost out to object-oriented programming back in the 1980s. Not that the two approaches are mutually exclusive, and Scott discusses how objects and functions live happily together in F#. It's a different way of thinking, but can be a very productive way to build applications - check it out!
Scott Wlaschin has over 20 years experience in software development, design and architecture, covering all aspects of business software. He is the creator of the popular F# web site fsharpforfunandprofit.com and has done many F# presentations at conferences and user-groups around the world.
- Immutable Classes https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.collections.immutable(v=vs.111).aspx
- FSharpForFunandProfit https://fsharpforfunandprofit.com/
- GitBook https://www.gitbook.com/
- FSharp.org http://fsharp.org/
- VSCode https://code.visualstudio.com/
- Ionide http://ionide.io/
- GPU Programming with F# http://fsharp.org/use/gpu/