The .NET Renaissance with Ian Cooper
After years of waning, .NET is on the rise - is it time for a renaissance? Ian Cooper says yes! The first of the NDC Oslo shows for 2017 starts out focused on a blog post that Ian published in February 2017 calling for a .NET Renaissance, and what it takes for it to come true. The move to open source has helped a lot, as it opens the door to what people really look for in a thriving community - rather than being a product created by Microsoft, it is a set of tools supporting by Microsoft but with direct community involvement. There's a lot going right, it's time for a renaissance!
Ian Cooper has over 20 years of experience delivering Microsoft platform solutions in government, healthcare, and finance. During that time he has worked for the DTI, Reuters, Sungard, Misys, Beazley, and Huddle delivering everything from bespoke enterprise solutions, 'shrink-wrapped' products, and cloud services to thousands of customers. Ian is a passionate exponent of Software Craftsmanship and Agile Architecture. When he is not writing code he is also the founder of the London .NET user group and speaks at events throughout the UK.
- .NET Application Architecture https://www.microsoft.com/net/learn/architecture
- On the Need for a C# Renaissance https://medium.com/altdotnet/on-the-need-for-a-c-renaissance-634078d4e865
- Unity3D https://unity3d.com/
- TopShelf http://topshelf-project.com/
- Supervise http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/supervise.html
- DropWizard http://www.dropwizard.io/1.1.0/docs/
- Brighter https://brightercommand.github.io/Brighter/