The Azure Mobile App with Jakub Jedryszek and Michael Flanakin
Want to manage your Azure apps on your smartphone? Carl and Richard talk to Jakub Jedryszek and Michael Flanakin about their work building the Azure Mobile App. Not just a mobile version of the Azure Portal, the app is built with Xamarin Native for iOS and Android, and focuses on using the phone efficiently to let you do what you need to! The discussion dives into the challenges of working on varying form factors and the tools that make things easier. And of course, there are great instrumentation and feedback mechanisms. It's early days for this application yet, so check it out and let them know what you need!
Jakub Jedryszek is a software engineer at Microsoft, where he works on the Azure Portal and the Azure Mobile App. You can find more about him, his apps and Open Source projects on his blog jj09.net.
Before Microsoft Jakub was working as a Web Developer on a variety of projects for different customers, such as law firms, real estate agencies, yearbook publishers, universities, and financial companies. He also developed a Model-Driven Development and Verification Approach for Medical Devices, while working for SAnToS Lab at Kansas State University where he got his Masters Degree.
Michael Flanakin is a Program Manager at Microsoft with a focus and passion for productivity and user experience. He started programming in high school, then joined the Air Force and ultimately Microsoft. Originally from Louisiana, Michael definitely misses the flavor of the South, since moving to Seattle.
- MetaMath http://us.metamath.org/
- Xamarin Settings Plugin https://github.com/jamesmontemagno/SettingsPlugin
- FFImageLoading https://github.com/luberda-molinet/FFImageLoading
- OxyPlot http://www.oxyplot.org/
- XamarinChat on Slack https://xamarinchat.slack.com/
- HockeyApp https://hockeyapp.net/
- Azure Mobile App Feedback http://aka.ms/azuremobileappfeedback
- Azure Portal Feedback http://aka.ms/azureportalfeedback
- Azure AppInsights https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/application-insights/
- Exploring HockeyApp Data in AppInsights https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-insights/app-insights-hockeyapp-bridge-app
- Azure Mobile Center https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/mobile-center/
- Jakub's Blog Post on Azure Mobile App https://jj09.net/under-the-hood-of-the-azure-mobile-app/