Deploying Windows Containers with Ben Hall
Windows Containers are here! While at NDC London, Carl and Richard chatted with Ben Hall about his on-going exploration of container technology. Windows Server 2016 shipped in late 2016 with support for two kinds of Windows containers. Ben talks about migrating an existing web application, IIS and all, over to Windows containers, providing some great deployment automation and scalability. There are still more bits to be built, but you can be productive with Windows containers today - check it out!
Based in London, Ben Hall is the founder of Katacoda (Katacoda.com), an interactive learning and training platform for software engineers. Katacoda specializes in enabling developers to understand Cloud-Native technologies including Docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
- ant design https://ant.design/
- Katacoda https://katacoda.com/
- Docker for Windows https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/
- DirtyCow https://dirtycow.ninja/
- Chocolatey https://chocolatey.org/
- Windows Containers on Windows Server https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/windowscontainers/quick-start/quick-start-windows-server
- Nano Server https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-docs/get-started/getting-started-with-nano-server
- Windows Containers on Kubernetes https://kubernetes.io/docs/getting-started-guides/windows/