Xamarin MVVM apps with Gill Cleeren
What's the right way to make a Xamarin app? While at NDC in London, Carl and Richard sat down with Gill Cleeren to talk about using the MVVM pattern as part of an overall mobile development stack. As Gill describes, MVVM brings consistency to the plumbing of the mobile app so that you can focus on the important (hard) stuff, getting the UI right, and trying to get as much common code as possible. In the end, the views end up being more device/OS specific, while the model and view-model can be shared. The tooling is complicated, but it is possible to get going fast with mobile development!
Gill Cleeren is a Microsoft Regional Director, Visual Studio MVP and Pluralsight author. Gill focuses on mobile development for the Windows stack as well as Xamarin. Gill is a frequent speaker at many international conferences such as TechDays, TechEd, NDC, VSLive and many more. He also is the founder of Techorama, the biggest developer conference in Belgium and he runs Visug, the .NET user group in Belgium as well. You can find his website at www.snowball.be.
- Flyway https://flywaydb.org/?ref=dotnetrocks
- Xamarin https://www.xamarin.com/
- MvvmCross https://mvvmcross.com/
- mvvm light http://www.mvvmlight.net/
- XamarinComponents https://github.com/xamarin/XamarinComponents
- Xamarin Test Cloud https://www.xamarin.com/test-cloud
- VirtualBox https://www.virtualbox.org/
- Genymotion https://www.genymotion.com/
- MacinCloud http://www.macincloud.com/