.NET Core and Kestrel with David Fowler and Damian Edwards
It's an exciting time for .NET! While at NDC in Oslo, Carl and Richard sat down with David Fowler and Damian Edwards to talk about the development of .NET Core, ASP.NET Core 1 and the Kestrel web server. The conversation digs into the challenges of writing a cross-platform web development framework, including some controversial pivots that have frustrated some developers - looking at you, RC2! Damian then discusses Kestrel, the cross-platform web hosting environment. This is a wide-ranging conversation and the excitement is palpable!
Damian Edwards is a Principal Program Manager on the ASP.NET team, responsible for the core ASP.NET runtime and Web Forms. He's also an active open source participant, as the creator of the Web Forms MVP and SignalR open source ASP.NET projects, as well as various jQuery plugins.
David Fowler joined Microsoft as a developer on the ASP.NET team in 2008. Before that he did two internships at Microsoft as a tester and a developer. He's originally from Barbados and went to college in Florida.
- origodb.com http://origodb.com/
- .NET Execution Environment https://github.com/aspnet/dnx
- Web Framework Benchmarks https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks
- Kestrel Web Server https://github.com/aspnet/KestrelHttpServer
- .NET Core https://github.com/dotnet/core
- OpenSSL https://github.com/openssl/openssl