Containers and Microservices Panel at NDC London
So where are containers and microservices going? While at NDC London, Carl and Richard hosted a panel discussion with Michele Bustamante, Mark Rendle and Ben Hall to talk about microservices and the role that containers play in making microservices manageable and practical. Docker is the most well-known of the container services, but its not alone, and the panel debates the relative merits of the different container technologies. When it comes to the microservices, how important are containers? How micro is micro, and how many do we need? Could Azure Service Fabric be an example of how to do microservices at a platform level, rather than container? Lots of questions and discussion on this hot topic!
Michèle Leroux Bustamante
Michele Leroux Bustamante is a founder and CIO of Solliance (solliance.net), founder of Policy Server, a Microsoft Regional Director and Microsoft Azure MVP. Michele has years of experience in many fields including software architecture and design, identity and access management, cloud computing technologies, security and compliance, and DevOps.
Mark Rendle is 30 years old in hexadecimal and has been coding professionally for three-quarters of his life. His current mission is to get the world off of .NET 4 point whatever and onto .NET 5.0. In his spare time, he's started making games with Unity and has just released his first project on iOS and Android. Mark's hobbies include genetically modifying otters and decoding the hidden prophecies in the digits of pi.
Based in London, Ben Hall is the founder of Katacoda (Katacoda.com), an interactive learning and training platform for software engineers. Katacoda specializes in enabling developers to understand Cloud-Native technologies including Docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
- I Done This https://idonethis.com/
- Docker https://www.docker.com/
- Rancher http://rancher.com/
- Tutum https://www.tutum.co/
- Kubernetes http://kubernetes.io/
- Mesosphere https://mesosphere.com/
- Azure Service Fabric https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/service-fabric/
- Azure Key Vault https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/key-vault/
- Windows Server 2016 Preview https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-technical-preview
- Mozilla Heka https://github.com/mozilla-services/heka