C# 6 is Close with Bill Wagner
Are you ready for C# 6? Carl and Richard talk to Bill Wagner about the latest changes to C# 6, with some features being dropped (perhaps to appear in a later version), some syntax changes, and digging deeper on some of the more complex features available. Now that everything around C# is open source, you can see the process of developing new features going on, and even participate in it! Bill and Richard also talk about Humanitarian Toolbox, their ongoing effort to build open source software for disaster relief organizations. And even a little discussion about C# 7!
Bill Wagner is one of the world's foremost C# developers and a member of the ECMA C# Standards Committee. He is President of the Humanitarian Toolbox, has been awarded Microsoft Regional Director and .NET MVP for 10+years, and was recently appointed to the .NET Foundation Advisory Council. Wagner has worked with companies ranging from start-ups to enterprises improving the software development process and growing their software development teams. He is currently with Microsoft, working on the .NET Core content team. He creates learning materials for developers interested in the C# language and .NET Core.
- Improper Exception Handling http://blog.vuscode.com/malovicn/archive/2007/04/01/gotcha-improper-exception-handling.aspx
- Blog Post on Dropping Primary Constructors https://roslyn.codeplex.com/discussions/568820
- C# Design Meeting Notes from Jan 28 2015 https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn/issues/180
- Notes from the First Design Meeting for C# 7 https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn/issues/98
- Donate to Humanitarian Toolbox! http://www.htbox.org/donate