Docker on Windows with Ben Hall
Another great show from NDC London, Carl and Richard talk to Ben Hall about Docker. Docker has been taking the industry by storm, bringing a lighter-weight approach to virtualization by getting the operating system out of the package and focusing on automated configuration and implementation. Ben talks about the origins of Docker and its focus on the Linux world - but that is rapidly changing with Microsoft promising an implementation running on Windows. The potential of Docker for facilitating efficient development is obvious, but could this change how we use applications as a whole?
Based in London, Ben Hall is the founder of Katacoda (Katacoda.com), an interactive learning and training platform for software engineers. Katacoda specializes in enabling developers to understand Cloud-Native technologies including Docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Virtual Pong http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20141203/virtual-pong-table-tennis-ceiling/
- Docker https://www.docker.com/
- Weave on GitHub https://github.com/zettio/weave
- Docker on Windows Blog Post http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/10/15/new-windows-server-containers-and-azure-support-for-docker/
- Docker Hub https://hub.docker.com/