Holistic Design with Tim Thomas
Carl and Richard talk to Tim Thomas about his thoughts around holistic design. And Tim means it - thinking about all levels of design, not just the UI, but how the whole application goes together. The conversation digs into the debate around skeuomorphism and how technology users themselves are evolving. Lots of broad thinking about the state of technology and how to best interact with your users to inspire and delight!
Tim G. Thomas is a Software Engineer at frog in Austin, Texas, where he applies holistic design principles to make the web both usable and beautiful. He speaks on various topics at technology user groups, conferences, and meet-ups; blogs about Web, game, and mobile design at http://timgthomas.com; and shares his thoughts via Twitter at @timgthomas.
- Mark Miller's Thoughts on the Science of Great UI https://community.devexpress.com/blogs/markmiller/archive/2009/02.aspx
- Universal Principles of Design http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Principles-Design-Jill-Butler/dp/1592530079
- WindowBlinds http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/
- f.lux https://justgetflux.com/
- NeonMob https://www.neonmob.com/