Jay Roxe Rocks!
Microsoft Product Manager for Visual Basic.NET, Jay Roxe drops by to talk about his work on the .NET Framework including System.Object, System.String, and System.Text.StringBuilder. In the second half he talks about VB.NET 2005, about the decisions Microsoft made regarding features and ship dates, and about how he thinks VB.NET 2005 will go a long way toward making .NET accessible to the masses of business programmers worldwide.
Jay Roxe is the Product Manager for Visual Basic at Microsoft. In this role, Jay is responsible for product planning, technical evangelism and external communication. Prior to this role, Jay was a developer and development lead on the .NET Framework where he had responsibility for the Base Class Libraries. Jay holds a BSE in Computer Science from Princeton University and an MBA from the Amos Tuck School of Business.
- New York Times Article on Podcasting http://shrinkster.com/1wj
- New Show: Mondays! http://mondays.pwop.com
- John C. Dvorak's anti-podcasting article http://shrinkster.com/1wi
- News: Vote for Rory's Essay at Joel Spolsky's Site http://www.shrinkster.com/1wl
- News: Xbox owner sues over defective disk drives http://www.shrinkster.com/1wm
- News: LucasFilm Galaxies add-on http://www.shrinkster.com/1wn
- News: Rory kicks podcast naysayers' ass http://www.neopoleon.com
- News: Craig Andera and wife have a new baby! http://www.shrinkster.com/1wo
- Weird: Zombie Cakes http://www.shrinkster.com/1wr
- Weird: Stitchin Babes http://www.shrinkster.com/1wt
- Werd: video game-playing robot http://www.shrinkster.com/1ws
- Toyboy: PC Robot http://www.shrinkster.com/1ww
- Toyboy: Sideways Bicycle http://www.shrinkster.com/1wx
- MSDN Product Feedback Center http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/
- Visual Basic Team Blog http://blogs.msdn.com/vbteam/