Scott Stanfield on the Importance of Aesthetics
Scott Stanfield from Vertigo Software is back (see show #11) to talk about cultivating an aesthetic sense around software, media, and user experience.
Scott Stanfield is the CEO of Vertigo Software, Inc., a 4-time Emmy award nominated digital design and development shop in the SF Bay Area and Portland. They do big video apps like the Olympics, Sunday Night Football and the Superbowl. He is a frequent public speaker, presenting on software technology and design for the past 20 years. Before starting Vertigo in 1997, Scott worked at Pixar in Point Richmond, California, which happens to be the current home of Vertigo. Scott holds a BS in Computer Science for Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. Follow Scott on Twitter at @seesharp or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vertigo Software http://www.vertigo.com
- Devices of the Soul (prd) http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596526801/
- Scott's Bridge Photo (p95) http://www.pwop.com/bridge.jpg
- Groktalks (prm) http://groktalk.com/
- Billy Hollis' Groktalk (prg) http://groktalk.com/Videos/billy_hollis.wmv
- Carl's Groktalk (prh) http://groktalk.com/Videos/carl_franklin.wmv
- Richard's Groktalk (pri) http://groktalk.com/Videos/richard_campbell.wmv
- GrokTalk Outtakes (prj) http://groktalk.com/outtakes.wmv
- Sony Vegas (prk) http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?pid=404
- Family Show (prl) http://www.vertigo.com/familyshow.aspx