IdentityServer Update with Dominick Baier and Brock Allen
Time for an Identity Server update! Carl and Richard talk to Dominick Baier and Brock Allen about Identity Server. The conversation starts out focused on the evolution of security over the internet in the first place, including an update to OAuth - version 2.1. Then the conversation turns to IdentityServer itself, and how to sustain and grow development on it. Dom and Brock talk about building open-source software for the long term. The answer for them is Duende Software, a company they have created to support IdentityServer into the future - check it out!
Dominick Baier spent most of his professional career implementing security systems for his customers and reading protocol specifications. This resulted in a number of popular open-source projects like IdentityServer and IdentityModel. Since 2020 he runs Duende Software Inc together with his longtime friend and colleague Brock Allen. Duende provides a sustainable home for the IdentityServer project and is the one-stop-shop for all things OpenID Connect and OAuth for .NET-based companies.
Brock Allen has worked for many years as an application security architect and has specialized in .NET, web development, and web-based security for over 20 years. During that time, he co-authored several open-source security frameworks including IdentityServer, IdentityModel, and oidc-client-js. He also is an MVP, and a contributor to the ASP.NET platform. Most recently he co-founded Duende Software with his colleague of many years Dominick Baier.
- Ether.ListCompare https://github.com/kinetiq/Ether.ListCompare
- IdentityServer https://identityserver.io/
- OAuth 2.1 https://oauth.net/2.1/
- Fair Trade Open Source https://2019.cascadiajs.com/speakers/eran-hammer
- IdentityServer on GitHub https://github.com/IdentityServer/IdentityServer4
- PolicyServer https://solliance.net/products/policyserver
- Duende Software https://duendesoftware.com/
- Sdkbin https://aaronstannard.com/sdkbin-marketplace/