High Performance C# with Steve Gordon
How do you improve the performance of your application? While at .NET Developer Days in Poland, Carl and Richard chatted with Steve Gordon about his work writing high-performance C#. The conversation digs into the larger picture of why and how you improve performance - don't guess, use method profiling, benchmarking and great measurements to know if you're fixing the right thing, the right way. That being said, there are a bunch of techniques available to improve performance - check out Steve's blog and the links in the show notes!
Steve Gordon is a Pluralsight author, Microsoft MVP, and a .NET software engineer. He works for Elastic maintaining their .NET client libraries. Steve enjoys sharing his knowledge with the community through his blog, on his YouTube channel, and by presenting talks at user groups and conferences around the world. You can find Steve online at his blog, stevejgordon.co.uk, and on Twitter as @stevejgordon.
- Lexus Autonomous Electric Vehicle https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/23/lexus-electric-vehicle-lf-30-concept/
- Steve's Blog Series on C# Performance https://www.stevejgordon.co.uk/writing-high-performance-csharp-and-dotnet-code
- BenchmarkDotNet https://benchmarkdotnet.org/
- Profling in Visual Studio https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/profiling/?view=vs-2019
- PerfView https://github.com/microsoft/perfview