Markdown Monster with Rick Strahl
You need to markdown to make good markup! Carl and Richard talk to Rick Strahl about his work building Markdown Monster, which is a Windows-based editor for creating markdown code that ultimately becomes HTML. Or leave it as markdown, which is a popular format (going back to 2004) for blogs, readme docs in GitHub and more. Rick talks about his experiences putting together a desktop app (WPF!) but still keeping it open source. Pay for it if you use it, but try it for free, or fork it on GitHub! Lots of great conversation about modern development on the desktop, including updates, packaging and so on. You can still make desktop software make sense!
- BlueprintJS http://blueprintjs.com/
- Markdown Monster https://markdownmonster.west-wind.com/
- Markdown from Daring Fireball https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/
- CommonMark http://commonmark.org/
- MarkDig https://github.com/lunet-io/markdig
- Ace Editor https://ace.c9.io/