Entity Framework 7 with Julie Lerman
Julie is back and all about the latest version of Entity Framework - version 7! The conversation starts out with a bit of a state of the union, with Julie describing how moving Entity Framework to GitHub has opened up an amazing level of communication between the EF team and regular developers. Which leads to the scarier part of the discussion: The breaking changes coming to EF7 from EF6. Like ASP.NET vNext, EF7 represents a substantial break. But Julie says you shouldn't worry, there are lots of solutions. Oh, and did she mention that they are planning on including support for non-relational (NoSQL) data stores? Really!
Julie Lerman is a Microsoft Regional Director, Docker Captain, and a long-time Microsoft MVP who now counts her years as a coder in decades. She makes her living as a coach and consultant to software teams around the world. You can find Julie presenting on Entity Framework, Domain Driven Design, and other topics at user groups and conferences around the world. Julie blogs at thedatafarm.com/blog, is the author of the highly acclaimed “Programming Entity Framework” books, the MSDN Magazine Data Points column, and popular videos on Pluralsight.com. Follow Julie on twitter at julielerman.
- Kinect Tool V2 on GitHub https://github.com/carlfranklin/KinectToolsV2
- Julie's Blog http://thedatafarm.com/blog/
- Entity Framework 7 on GitHub https://github.com/aspnet/EntityFramework
- SQLite for Windows https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/1d04f82f-2fe9-4727-a2f9-a2db127ddc9a
- Entity Framework on NuGet https://www.nuget.org/packages/entityframework
- Entity Framework Profiler http://www.hibernatingrhinos.com/products/efprof
- Julie's Pluralsight Course on EF6 http://www.pluralsight.com/courses/entity-framework-6-ninja-edition-whats-new